Saturday, August 13, 2005

My Bangalore Stay

7th November 2002, 5:30 am I left my home for Bangalore. My classmates Ashu, Deepika, Reena were waiting for me at airport and we flew.
Dream comes true.
During my MCA I had heard about this IT city and had a dream to be here for a year and so. My senior college mate had got placed in Wipro in her campus. For a moment I saw myself at her place, just laughed at self and forgot as quickly as I could. I had just joined my course then.
Got the joining letter from Wipro. I was least interested to join Wipro after two regret letters. The only temptation for me to accept the offer was opportunity to stay at Bangalore and live independent life. I was such a pampered child then, did not even know how to deposit a cheque in a bank. (well, even now don’t know much more than that;))

A girl who did not know to walk alone landed in Bangalore with her classmates with lots of excitement, enthu ……….
And the fun starts along with the learning….
I still remember the way we came from airport to Brigade road in a taxi looking out at Bangalore through both the windows, stay at Monarch Hotel, first week at Wipro, first struggle for house, induction days, tests, 80% criteria, the way we studied for it. Oooff, don’t want to think about my unix and SE test. Then final day of induction, parting party. Girls, remember the way we danced and the Italian [;) sshhhh bolna mana hein].
Then my first project, 10 or 11 of us joined in one project, the fundu K1 days, nothing can beat it. First function at Wipro, New Year Party.
Cleaning new house, buying stuff, cooking, washing our clothes everything was so exciting!!!!

Met so many new people, in no time we become friends and did not realize when it became a family. Yes, all of you were my family at Bangalore. A new relation I got to know here because of Wipro, Batchmate. Indeed it’s a strong bond. I still remember the initial reply alls. (was lucky to have you, Vibs n Jags in my parting party)

And then after initial excitement gradually you realize that you are not with your family. I am so thankful to God for all my batchmates at IPNNEG, Jagdeep, Tarun, Deepak especially Rajeev. Thanks Raj, for your throughout support right from our induction days till date.
I can’t imagine my days at Bangalore without you gals, Rash, Hemangi, Chiku, Ashu, Anwi, Shylu, Reenu, Archu, Asima. It was great fun to be with you. All the masti we did, the discussions we had, the adventures we did, just amazing!! Thanks a lot Anwi, Shylu, Chiku, Ashu for the strong support whenever I needed most.
Weekends @ Bangalore, Sky was the limit for the Weekend Masti, especially after I resigned. I enjoyed as if I won’t get chance anymore. All the credit goes to SMZites and Archu. I cant forget one whole day I shopped at Banargatta Shoppers Stop.

There are all the sweet memories to cherish :

- My trip at Udupi, Manipal. I wish we had camera then,
- Eve at Art of Living, thanks Motu for this,
- Sleeping on terrace,
- A night walk with Deepak at BTM with mountain dew bottles in our hand walking on - roads like bewdas at 11:30 – 12 at night,
- Six hour with Varshney at Brigade, MG road when he had returned from US
- Trip with IPNEG,
- My Hyderabad stay,
- My visit to Anwi’s place at Hybd
- LM days with Ajai
- Good Morning mails to Junkies

Hey Apun to senti ho gaya na
- Rajeev dropping me at my doorstep on a bike after Punit’s marriage party,
- Prashant taking me to doctor n then to ice-cream corner,

Funniest Incident
- Prashant and I coming from M2 To Raheja Archade in an auto, Prash continuously looking at meter and forcing me to get down when it becomes 25/- ,

There are many more to write here.
Indeed it was glorious journey and I enjoyed it because you all were there with me.

2 comments:

PrashantBatra said...

tu mil mujhe tereko batata main ;)
take care ! Junta throw 2 cents each at varadas second attempt at blogs..

Anonymous said...

WoW...that was a grt summary of the life at b'lore. I didnt know abt this auto incident with prashant...what generosity prashant;)!!!
Varada,I hope u had ur dream fulfilled..living an independent gal...u certainly lived it up!!:)