Saturday, May 24, 2008

One Night @ The Call Center

Amazing book by Chetan Bhagat, I liked it more than ‘Five Point Someone’. Most of the people liked ‘Five Point Someone’ than this one.

For me the hero of this book is the activist character Varun known as Vroom in his friend circle. I could relate to this character more as I could see Vroom in me. His thought are very much similar to mine.
The guy earlier used to work as journalist trainee. His famous piece was called ‘Why Don’t Politicians Commit Suicide?’. The article said All kind of people commit suicide – students, housewives, businessmen, even film stars – but politicians never do. Vroom’s point was that Suicide is very horrible think to do and one does only because he is badly hurt. But Politicians don’t do. So basically this country is run by the people who don’t feel anything.
I am amazingly impressed with this thought, till now I never thought of this.
This guy is constantly thinking about how India will overtake US, how the living standards will improve in India and how can I contribute to it.
The guy is confused between how much importance he should give to money.. I mean what he should do just think about earning money or doing something which will help his countrymen.
The author has basically shown the problems faced by Indian youth who have just come out of collages and joined the Industry and facing the life. They have dreams in their eyes but realizing the heat in life. They come across with manager who is a loser and how is he ruining the others life in process of making his own.
There is one more character Shyam who is having affair with Priyanka and is almost about to lose her, rather have lost her but at the end gets her back.
The story talks about friendship.
So the story covers almost all the possible problems that young crowd can face in their life.

The story will sound boring but Chetan Bhagat has written it in such a beautiful and funny way, the story is all about enthusiasm as its about youngsters.

The story gets a little unrealistic when they (people at call center)get call from God and the god tell them the key to success. But the author has mentioned in his prologue and epilogue the objective behind this book is – He wants to write something which tells about present Indian youth, probably he wants to guide them by telling key to success.

Friends, its worth reading this book.
Review of the book

3 comments:

alok said...

I am yet to pick this book for my reading. It's just a matter of choice and nothing else, but after reading your review I am thinking; I should give a chance to these kinds of books to be part of my bookshelf :)

BTW, have you finished reading the latest book of the same author - 'The 3 Mistakes of My Life' ?

Anonymous said...

the book sounds interesting... n realistic... Keep writing... :)

Varada said...

hey I bought 'The 3 Mistakes of My Life' today itself, will finish it of tonight.