Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ladies Day Out

Last evening I spent time with my colleagues, we were roaming from 7:30 pm till 11:00 pm on Mumbai streets. Well the scene is very common here in Mumbai. Then you must be wondering what’s there to blog about it.

Yes, very true. I did not do anything which I did not do earlier. But certainly I did it after along time. After a long time I got girls company to freak out without caring a damn about the world who can enjoy late at night without boys around them. After a long time I did typical girls talk, we giggled, we shared few secrets, we shared our thoughts about life, we spoke about Mr Virappna & Mr. Osama (don’t ask what did we talk about them,that’s top secret, in next outing we will surely talk about Mr. Obama). Gals, I hope this is just a beginning.

You must be still wondering what’s so great about it. The great thing is here I get impressed with gals who can live their life independently, who can enjoy there life without males around them. I just hate girls who feel insecure when guys are not around them especially late in the evening or while traveling outside city. I can proudly say I have traveled in bus from one city to other overnight not because I had no other option. I did it because I wanted to explore life. The girl should have just little common sense what to wear, where to go, whom to talk, how to talk and how to behave nothing goes wrong (obviously there are exceptional cases but then I would say if it is destined to happen it will happen at most secured and safe place as well). Most of the girls in India have mindset of being dependant on guys whatever form as friend, as boyfriend, as husband. Once girl gets married her world is around the guy. Guys continue to enjoy their personal life but girl by her own choice is left with no personal life. But good to see that things are little changing now.

The moral I just love girls enjoying life independently. Thanks for God to give me such a amazing parents who never treated me differently because I am a girl or who never restricted me to do anything because I am girl rather they taught me right from my childhood to deal with this world. I also should thank God to give me birth in this city which treats girls with respect and equality. (Now its difficult for me to live in a place which is not safe for female)

So to conclude, Thanks Shreya and Sanchiti for last evening. Hope we will have many more like this and we will go out as well.

7 comments:

PrashantBatra said...

The blogger is adviced to please also share stories of her wonderful discussions (& loud arguments) with road side auto walas which is very safe as well.. tales to be included is when luggage was about to be stolen.. :)

cheers

Varada said...

plllllllllllllssssssssssssss give me a break. Dont create your own stories.. yes i fought with autowalas at blore for passangers rights :)

Ajai Kumar Varshney said...

But, Guys who feel insecure while traveling at night alone, what should they do? :) Anyways..this is on a lighter note.

Varada said...

Hey Ajai,

Thanks for you comment

I am not asking girls to have fun at cost of safety. My point is just about girls enjoying life independently. If the place is not safe at night please don’t take risks just to have fun. But enjoy your daytime but they don’t need to be dependant on anyone that’s what is my point. Believe me if u have a group of tough gals you can njoy life anywhere u don’t need to depend on guys. I have seen gals who are ambitious, well educated, economically independent but still when it comes to normal things in life they are dependant on males. And I have seen females who might not be well educated but still independent, I get impressed with such females.

cheers!!

Bhagyashree Shinde said...

hahah... girls feeling insecure n all... most of the time its all BS (american way).It's just that they like being surrounded by guys, getting attension and pampering from them. N guys like being offered this extra importance. It comforts their EGO. So, its a circle...

Varada said...

Well Bhagyashree,
You are right, I wanted to cover this point as well but I didn’t want to get into it. Because that’s a different issue.
Even in this case there are two types of behavior. One girls who like guys attention I would say they are also emotionally dependent on guys.
and other case gals pretend to be emotionally dependent on guys for some other agenda in their mind, They are just masterminds :-)

cheers!!

xixaxt said...

Hi, I would say it is other way round.
It is the time we should talk about freedom of guys. Guys are totally dependent on girls, and have no freedom at all.
Whole of their lives they keep on working under one women or others.
To begin with, in the childhood when they work their ass off, to stand on their moms aspirations. When they grow a bit older they have to become a complete ATM card for their gal-frds, if they have one at all...:P
And then they get married, keeps working like dogs for their whole lives. so that their wives can spend reck-lessly on their lipsticks and beauty parlors....:D

So it is the time we should start talking about independence of guys from all these bull-shit.

Cheers
Nishant~~