Saturday, April 04, 2015

Small Little Career Guidance

Since our childhood we have been asked what will you become when you will grow up. When we are about to complete our school we need to be serious about this question, we need to answer this to ourselves and choose our stream for further studies to take it as our profession or career.

Instead of giving you advice about how to choose career I will tell you how did I chose mine.
My mother always told me in my school day, ‘if you want to be a hairdresser be so but excel the skill so that you would be the best hairdresser in city’. She always insisted me to do what I like and enjoy. Apart from schooling I used to go for dance classes and karate classes. But I enjoyed studying maths and science the most. So I chose science stream after 10th. I happened to attend a short computer course and I topped in the class. I just loved it. So I decided to pursue it as my career. I did my MCA with distinction and got campus recruited in Wipro Technologies. The s/w job is demanding. One needs to work 20 hrs at times. But I don’t feel burdened as I enjoy working , I love programming. I love to learn new things in s/w which makes me successful in my profession. I would say I chose what I love to do as my profession is my key to success.

So my advice to the students is, identify what you like, what are you good at and pursue that as your career. Decide your goal and find the ways to reach to it. As you enjoy what you do you won’t ever feel tired while working hard towards it. And hard work makes you succeed which gives you lots of satisfaction, sense of achievement. There is no alternative to hard work whatever profession you choose. There are no shortcuts for success. Hard work and patience pay off.

meracareerguide.com will help you to identify what are your like and dislike, what kind of profession is suitable for you like with creative skills or with analytical or something else. At meracareerguide you can discuss your doubts and get advice from successful people in various professions. Counselling with these people will help you to take decisions to choose your career.


Give your best, you will rock!!

No comments: