Saturday, May 16, 2020

Everything is Mitthya (Deceptive)


'Everything is Mitthya (Deceptive)', We get to read this in many books on Yoga. (don’t get confused with Yoga and Yogasanas). I never understood meaning of this when I started reading about it during my twenties. I never asked myself the purpose of my life then. As I got into my thirties I actually started thinking about it and now when I am in my forties I feel everything is Mitthya and I know I am still running behind it.

When you have dreams, when you are working hard to realize them as long as you feel you are on right path to achieve them, you no longer ask question about your existence and you no longer think about the purpose of your life. You may achieve your goals or may not. When you get matured you start realize these things doesn’t really matter. You close your eyes and see yourself and feel oneness (Adwaita) with universe (few may call it as God) is the only the Truth (Satya).

Yes, I loved that state but still not ready to leave Mitthya and explore what is the Truth.

I also feel, you start exploring the Truth when you don’t achieve anything in your life or you achieve everything in your life that you wanted or you are just curious to know what is it more than anything else in life.
Or you just realize everything is Mithya (Deceptive), you start of thinking detachment from everything around you. Lord Krishna also has taught us same thing by narrating Bhagwat Geeta and demonstrating by his own life, do your duties with practicing detachment. Easy to say but difficult to implement. Once you learn this you are not far to know oneness with universe (or God), The ultimate Truth.

It's a journey of a lifetime or probably multiple lifetimes (multiple lifetimes is again ?).